Thursday, September 3, 2015

Dog With a Blog

If you've seen the Disney Channel sitcom,  you probably know that the show centers around the life of a talking dog and his family. You might be among those who just can't fathom what Disney has come to. I know I am (sorry, fans). But how far-fetched is it really? 


I have a dog. He responds to Milo. So I got to thinking... if Milo could talk, how different would our lives really be from the Disney show? 


Well for one, we could talk about his abandonment issues. Milo seems to think that, whenever we're out of town for a few days, we're never coming back. And much to my mother's disdain, he takes it out on the furniture. No lie, he's chewed up a chair, nibbled on the length of a banister, scratched a few carpets, and marked up the window pane. That wasn't exactly the welcome home surprise we had in mind, to say the least. 


We'd also probably have to work on his social skills. Milo tends to get a little... overexcited in the presence of company. You have to remember though, his heart's in the right place. On the bright side, we've been setting up play-dates for him to get used to other people and dogs. Baby steps, I guess. 


Singing lessons would be in the cards for Milo, as well. His midnight serenades aren't going to cut it anymore. In the most human-like state of mind, he actually sings along with us. Sometimes I think he's every animal but a dog. But that's mainly credited to the fact that he can't smell or see anything. Though he's not completely blind, or nose-blind for that matter, Milo's senses aren't his strong suit. Which is pretty unusual for a dog, but meh. Go figure. 


It sometimes saddens me to think that, while he's just a small portion of our lives, we're his whole life. And though he's not your average-Joe kind of dog, Milo will always be the epitome of a perfect dog to me. 






1 comment:

  1. I have watched that darn Dog with a Blog show so many times I think I'm now watching episodes for the second time. I have a 10 year old who likes the shows on Disney. That dog is pretty darn smart - I have two dogs and I think they're pretty dumb. There's no way they could learn to blog. They eat their food like they haven't had a meal in years.

    ReplyDelete